What information is Cotton Closet Ltd gathering about its visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. earthlink.net) and an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the Siddham Ent Center website, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to them, as follows:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you.
- Your IP address.
- The web page from which you linked to us.
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0).
- The operating system that you are running (e.g. Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or Lycos).
There is nothing unusual, in our view, about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by many web servers today.
The purpose of this information is actually two-fold. One, Siddham Ent Center has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. By analyzing these and other visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
What other information does Siddham Ent Center request?
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third party without your consent.
Will Siddham Ent Center disclose the information collected to third parties?
Siddham Ent Center will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Siddham Ent Center.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Siddham Ent Center, or visitors of Siddham Ent Center.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties. Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Siddham Ent Center uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.